Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Makayla's First Day of 1st Grade!

Yesterday was Makayla's first day of 1st grade. She was so excited!!! I asked her on Sunday if she wanted me to walk her into school and into her classroom and she said, "No" So I thought no big deal she knows where her classroom is and she is pretty independent. So she got her outfit all picked out and got ready. I was going to take pictures before she left and Evan asked if he could take one too. He went to take a picture and dropped the camera on the floor and it broke! The zoom lens was stuck open and it wouldn't turn on. I was so mad!!!! I really wanted to get a picture of Makayla on her first day. So I dropped her off at the front doors and in she went. I worried about her ALL day long! 1:15 couldn't come fast enough, so I could go and pick her up from school. I asked her how her day was and she said fun, then I asked her if a lot of parents went into the class with their kids and she said yes, then I asked her if she wishes I walked her in too, and she said NO!!! Little stinker!!!! I am glad that she feels comfortable enough to do things by herself. It's so weird to have her gone all day, but she loves it!!!

Ryan fixed the camera for me and I was able to take a picture of her on her 2nd day of school!:)

6 comments:

kari said...

Can you believe the girls are in the 1st grade? What i really can't believe is that I have all 3 kids in school full time. I wished for this day so many times when they were all little and now i am so sad and miss them so much. Looks like Lagoon was a blast, i love lagoon, the wicked is the BEST i hope you went on it!

Misty said...

Oh dear, I am so glad that Ryan fixed your camera. She is a cutie and super smart. That is funny that she wouldn't let you walk her in:)

Leslie and Josh said...

I'm glad that he could fix your camera. We haven't had such luck fixing ours. Does she get out at 1:15 every day? That's so short. I wish school was that short here. I miss my kid.

Michelle said...

Cute little Makayla!! She is growing up too fast!! She already thinks mom's are not cool haha I still think you are cool Kristy! :)

Mom said...

I so remember the first day you and Misty got on the bus to go to school. Seriously, I cried. I couldn't believe my little babies were that old. It is so bitter-sweet having them grow up and be independent. Makayla is such a cutie. Love you. mom

Cassie said...

ha ha Kayla ray's so cute!! cute blog sista! glad you got your camera fixed!