Monday, October 6, 2008
WATER!!!
Ryan has been gone elk hunting and this last weekend it rained and rained and rained. I was so paranoid about our basement flooding again. So I kept listening for the sump pump to go off and checking the carpet. Well as I was listening to conference on Sunday and I had all 3 of my kids asleep, which was wonderful by the way, and Tyson started to wake up so I went upstairs to get him and the carpet in front of the stairs and the extra bedroom were WET!!! Ryan wasn't home yet so I called my dad and he came over to help me out. I was so frustrated!!! The worst part is, it wasn't even the sump pump. There wasn't enough water in the pump to make it go off. It came through the other side of the house. When Ryan got home he made the hole deeper for the sump pump so hopefully that will fix the problem. So now my house is all torn up once again!:(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is so horrible! This happens to us every year in january it feels like. so i feel your pain. thank goodness you have a great dad that will help you. oh and your blog is super cute!
OH my heavens, not again! Im so sorry. Hopefully thats the last time. Cross your fingers.
So sorry about the flooding--how sad. And Tyson is a cutie! I love that picture of him. It is fun to see them grow but part of me misses when I could set Julia on the floor and come back to find her there still (I miss that usually as I am picking up her latest mess and dashing to go get her before she gets into the kitchen garbage or bathroom :) ). As far as sleep advice, it feels weird for me to be GIVING advice. I'm usually on the receiving end. So thanks for asking. :) What I did with Julia was when I went to get her in the night, I just held her and held her binky in her mouth(she'd spit it out and expect to nurse). She wasn't happy about it and cried and squirmed but was still pretty sleepy...usually she'd go back to sleep. But sometimes not and we'd nurse for peace's sake. We tried several times and it wouldn't work so we'd keep nursing. Then I'd try again in a few weeks. Eventually it worked. Some books I read suggested having the daddy go in to comfort at night because the baby knows it won't get fed by him. I love nursing Julia and part of my thinking was to enjoy this very short, very precious stage while it lasts, you know? But we moms also have to balance that with helping them be where they need to be developmentally. It can be hard to know what to do. Thank goodness for prayer! Good luck! Love ya!
Oh I'm so sorry! I would be bawling. I hope all the water problems are done!
Hi Kristy! Thanks for your nice comment. I like your blog....very cute. Thank you again so much for helping me out with papers this month. Sorry for the water troubles...that is such a bad feeling! We had a few problems the first two years that we lived here too. The back of our house had no rain gutters so the basement foundation was getting too wet and would soak our family room. Luckily the problem seems to have been resolved after Jason put up rain gutters on the rear of the house. Good Luck....hope the new fix resolves everything!
What is it with you and Misty and WATER?! You will be the experts when it comes to water in the basements!! Hope the deeper hole solves the problem!!
Post a Comment