Wednesday, February 18, 2009
SICK, SICK KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can't seem to stay healthy at our house! A week and a half ago Makayla had strep throat and just barely finished her antibiotic, and has a horrible, nasty cough. Tyson had an ear infection a couple of weeks ago and it never went away. Sunday night Evan and Tyson both had fevers and a horrible, nasty cough!!! I had to work on Monday and decided to not take them to the doctor. I thought I would give it one more day, hoping the fever was just from the cold that they both have. Well Monday night they both had fevers again, so I took them to the doctor Tuesday morning. Evan hates going to the doctor!!! He won't even tell me when he is sick because he is afraid that I will take him to the doctor. So he threw a MAJOR fit the entire time!!! Cried all the way there, wouldn't get out of the van, when he finally got out of the van he wouldn't walk into the doctors office, when he finally walked into the office he started crying again and hitting me! He stopped for a minute until they called our names and then he wouldn't get off the chair. I had to drag him by the arm while carrying Tyson, my purse and diaper bag! Once we got into the room he hid behind a chair and would not come out. They looked at Tyson first. Both of his ears are infected and his lungs sound horrible!!! The doctor said that he doesn't sound like he has pneumonia or RSV YET! He told me to just watch him really close and make sure his breathing doesn't become too labored. Not good!!! So finally Evan's turn to be seen... The doctor tries everything to get him to come out from behind the chair. He tried to get him to hold his cool flashlight, Evan wouldn't do it. The doctor was so nice and really patient with him! A lot more patient than me. I had to finally give Tyson to the doctor to hold so I could pull Evan out from behind the chair, kicking and crying! I finally got him up on the table and took Tyson back from the doctor, I had to fight Evan the entire time! His ears looked great, but..... his throat didn't! I had to once again give Tyson to one of the nurses so I could hold Evan down so that the doctor could culture his throat. (He was a MAJOR stinker pants!!!) The throat culture came back positive for Strep! So, they are both on an antibiotic and I hope that they both get feeling better FAST!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I have not looked at your blog forever! Sorry you guys have been sick :( I am sad I missed Makayla Cheering, so cute! See ya tonight! I am going to blog my NY trip at mom and dad's :)
Holy Moley!!! I am so SORRY! The sickness just doens't stop!
BTW Your header is SUPER SUPER CUTE! Good Job!
Holy Cow...did you make your blog background? It is SO cute. My kids have been SUPER sick too. In fact with the flu and now fevers and horrible coughs. Kameni has white spots on her throat and I am wondering if she has strep. I too am giving it another day. I hope you guys get feeling better. I HATE WINTER!
What a battle...against the illnesses and Evan vs. Doctor. Doesn't sound fun. It's so different here. Nathan's never even heard of Strep Throat. I'm sure they must get the same symptoms here, but they just call it a sore throat and send you home. And...what is RSV? I've keep hearing about it from other blogs, but they don't use that term here. That doesn't mean we don't have it, but it doesn't get diagnosed.
Wow!! That stinks you have sick kiddos...hopefully you stay healthy and well!! good luck with all the antibiotics, hope they kick in soon and you guys all start feeling better (:
Wow! That is just awfull. I'm so sorry that things are not good. Sounds like you guys could use some NinXia Red, and some blessings. Hope things are better soon.
Wow, Kristy. You are superwoman. Way to survive a hard time. I hope hope HOPE you guys get feeling better soon. Spring is just around the corner! :)
Hey I love love your blog and you amaze me! I hope I can be as great and patient of a mom as you are! don't be too hard on yourself!!
Post a Comment