Makayla is always putting stuff in her mouth, and I'm always telling her to get it out or she's going to swallow it and it will hurt really bad. Well today she was up in her room with her cousin Auston and I called up to ask them what they were doing and Auston said, "Makayla swallowed a bell!" and then I hear Makayla say "no I didn't" So of course I start freaking out just a little bit. I knew she was okay because she was talking so I go upstairs and ask Makayla if she's alright and she said it hurts and points to her throat. (I know I'm a nurse but all that stuff goes right out the door when it's your own kid) So Misty was there and tells me to give her some bread to help it go down, so we do that and she said it felt better. Well I ended up calling our doctor and they said that we needed to come in and get an x-ray to make sure it went in her belly and not in her lungs. So we go in and all the nurses and doctor are all chuckling. One of the nurses said that we could shake her upside down and listen for the bell to see if it's in her tummy. It was pretty funny, but I didn't want Makayla to think it was funny, she needs to learn a lesson here! Anyway they took the x-ray and we could totally see the round little metal bell in her belly. I'm really mad that I didn't take a picture of the x-ray it was so funny. The picture is of her laying on the x-ray table she was laying really still she was being a really good patient. When she was all done and getting dressed she asked me if we could go and get a treat after, I told her no, then she said can I get a toy! She was really good but I wasn't about to reward this incident. But she will be just fine, we just need to wait for it to pass!!!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Makayla's Bell
Makayla is always putting stuff in her mouth, and I'm always telling her to get it out or she's going to swallow it and it will hurt really bad. Well today she was up in her room with her cousin Auston and I called up to ask them what they were doing and Auston said, "Makayla swallowed a bell!" and then I hear Makayla say "no I didn't" So of course I start freaking out just a little bit. I knew she was okay because she was talking so I go upstairs and ask Makayla if she's alright and she said it hurts and points to her throat. (I know I'm a nurse but all that stuff goes right out the door when it's your own kid) So Misty was there and tells me to give her some bread to help it go down, so we do that and she said it felt better. Well I ended up calling our doctor and they said that we needed to come in and get an x-ray to make sure it went in her belly and not in her lungs. So we go in and all the nurses and doctor are all chuckling. One of the nurses said that we could shake her upside down and listen for the bell to see if it's in her tummy. It was pretty funny, but I didn't want Makayla to think it was funny, she needs to learn a lesson here! Anyway they took the x-ray and we could totally see the round little metal bell in her belly. I'm really mad that I didn't take a picture of the x-ray it was so funny. The picture is of her laying on the x-ray table she was laying really still she was being a really good patient. When she was all done and getting dressed she asked me if we could go and get a treat after, I told her no, then she said can I get a toy! She was really good but I wasn't about to reward this incident. But she will be just fine, we just need to wait for it to pass!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is so funny (now that it's over). That was an expensive bell, I'm sure! :)
Oh scary!!! I am gald Makayla is OK. That is a great story she will be able to tell people though.
I am glad everything is ok. Have fun watching for the bell to pass now.
oh man that really makes me laugh!! Little Makayla:) I will have to ask her abut it next time I see her! Funny, but glad she is ok.
Why do kids do that?! I think Leisha swallowed a marble once. It was little though so we just let her poop it out.
She got a pea stuck in her nose when she was two. I remember sitting in the car waiting for Josh to come back out of the store. Leisha and Jacelyn were asleep. I looked back and could see something up Leisha's nose. At first I thought that it was just a booger. But the more I looked at it the more it didn't look like a booger. I pulled her out of her carseat and had to push down on the outside of her nose to get it out.
Sure enough it was a pea, all swollen like it was about to grow. How gross is that. I don't have any idea how long it had been in there. I think that her breath smelled too.
Wow, I'd almost forgotten that story. Thanks for reminding me. I need to write that down.
Glad Makayla's ok.
Yipes! Good luck with that! It will make a great story at family reunions down the road... :)
Post a Comment