Sunday, June 22, 2008
Family Reunion
We just got back from our family reunion in Mantua, Utah. It was so much fun. Our theme was out of the Book of Mormon time so we planned games and crafts around that. We did a wilderness hunt with guns and bows and arrows. Grandma took us on a walk/hike to a trail they went on for girls camp. We were just going to go to the trail head and when we got there she said oh lets just go up a little ways. So we started up and it was straight up. (It was just us girls and our kids) I had Tyson in a front pack and I was really scared that I was going to fall with him so Makayla and I went back. But everyone else went ALL the way up. The kids did so good and had such a fun time. We made little Indian pouches and painted bird houses which turned out so cute! Then we made Nephite headbands and made up names for everyone. There were some pretty interesting names. We brought up Ryan's mom and dad's paddle boats and paddled around Mantua, and the kids played in the water and sand. The guys fished a little but didn't catch anything, but still had fun. We brought a pinata, which is the kids favorite part. They all got one turn to swing at the pinata before Auston broke it and they all went running for the candy. Ryan, Bryon and John made a rope swing for the kids and pushed and spun them around until they were sick. Each family had to prepare a skit from one of the stories in The Book of Mormon and act them out and we had to guess what story it was. Everyone did a great job! And of course we roasted marshmallows and biscuits around the fire. We had a great time and made wonderful memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
THanks so much for letting me be apart of it! I love you all!
kristy,
I love looking at your pictures. It sounds like you had a blast. Let's get the girls together sometime ok!
What a fun thing for your family to do. I love all the picture. Makayla is so cute how she poses for pictures!
Cute pics, looks like you guys had a blast! It makes me excited for the Phillips reunion!! (:
Looks like such fun and your Mom would be the best camp director in the world!!I just love her and all that she does for everyone. I can't explain this, but I believe your Mom is truly an angel and I'm just glad that I can be around her once in awhile. I look forward to seeing all of you soon!
Post a Comment