Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A No Good, Bad, Horrible Day:(





Our basement flooded last Wednesday. Ryan woke up to go to work at 3:30 in the morning and heard the sump pump going. It sounded wierd to him so he went downstairs to check it out. That's when he stepped into wet carpet! I was half asleep in bed and heard some not so good words flying out of Ryans mouth. So I jumped out of bed to see what was wrong. I was in total shock! It honetly made me sick to my stomach. The sump pump hose flipped out somehow and was pumping water into our basement instead of into the bucket. Anyways, Ryan had to make a run to WalMart to get a shop vac and a fan because we had nothing to get the water out. I called my mom and dad at 3:30 AM and they both came to help us out. I honestly have amazing parents! Thanks Mom and Dad!!! It was the biggest mess. My mom and I got everything out of the crawl space and put it in the garage. I didn't realized I was storing so much junk. It was a good way of cleaning everything out. Just not under good circumstances. We had to rip of the carpet and put fans in the house to get everything dried out. Nothing was damaged it was just a HUGE mess!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry! That's terrible.

kari said...

You do have great parents. That is a bad way to find out about all your "junk" Glad everything seems to be cleaned up.

Misty said...

AHHHHHH!!! I will scream again for you! That is just CRAPY! So very sorry, wish we were closer we would have come to help at 3:30!:(

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh...I am so sorry. We have a shop vac and a huge fan. Had I known or maybe had you known, you could have borrowed ours. I am so sorry you had to go through that....oh it's wonderful living in a high water table. Let me know if you need anything.

Jana said...

ugh..that doesn't sound fun. yay for helpful parents!