Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Phillips Family Reunion

Our family is growing so big. This a picture of some of my cousins and their kids.
My battery died in my camera so I was only able to get a few pictures, but lots and lots of memories. The Phillips Family Reunion has been the highlight of my summer since I can even remember going. I loved to go and be with ALL of my cousins. This year we went to Aberden, Idaho. It was so much fun. My cousins and Uncles have boats that we went on. I went on a tube with my mom, my sister Michelle, Makayla, Evan and Auston. It was so much fun. My didn't want to get all wet and only wanted the boat to go straight. Not back and forth to make big waves. But my uncle Matt said it's not fun going straight you have to have the big waves so he kept making the big waves and we got soaking wet, drenched!! I loved every minute of it. Then I got my mom and her two sisters to go on the tube, it was so much fun watching them. Back at camp there were little pools for the kids to play in, water balloon volleyball and crafts. The theme of the reunion was "Phillips got Talent" so that night we had a talent show and every showed off there talents or just some funny stuff they put together. It was really entertaining! There was some karoke and my cousin Polleen brought there guitar thing for the wii I really don't know what it was called but it was fun. On Sunday we always have a spiritual program. This year they stuck with the talents theme and everyone talked about people that magnified their talents. From people in The Book of Mormon to my sweet Grandma and Grandpa Phillips. I love hearing the testimonies of my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and my amazing mom. As I was sitting on my camping chair listenting to the program I thought of my Grandparents watching over us and smiling at the wonderful legacy they have left behind. I miss them so much! I am so blessed to be a part of such an amazing family and an amazing heritage!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

ya it was so fun, I also always look forward to the Phillip's Family Reunions! I did not get any pictures either:( I agree with the fact that boating with uncle Matt was the best! It was so funny to see mom and her sisters out on the tube. Priceless memories!

Leslie and Josh said...

Who has that picture? I wasn't there and want to see that. That is so funny. I love that they are still active and brave enough to get in with my Dad. My Mom wouldn't even get in because she knows that would happen. How funny. I love our reunions. We've got the best family.

Jami said...

Kristy, I am so glad you found my blog so I could find yours! Your kids are so cute.

rachel said...

I agree Phillips family reunions are the BEST!! It was so fun seing you and your cute family!! I missed seeing your mom, Nancy and Maryanne in the tube. I saw Maryanne right afterwards and she was laughing about how she wasn't suppose to get wet.