Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rice Family Reunion

This last weekend we went to our Rice family reunion by Causey Dam. We had so much fun! We took Ryan's mom and dad's paddle boats out on the dam and the kids jumped in with Ryan. I was really shocked. I hate the water and don't want my kids to hate the water because of me so I'm really glad they weren't scared. They were just worried about the c0ld water. They had so much fun:)
Misty and Bryon on the other paddle boat. Auston is hanging on the side of the boat.


Even little Ady got in!!! GO ADY!!!:)


There was a horse shoe tournment. This is my dad, Bryon and someone I don't know but am probably suppose to. Maybe a cousin???
We had "Rice" relays. We had a bowl full of rice and a spoon, we had to carry the rice on the spoon to a jar on the other side. Whoever filled theres first won. Our team won!
This was another relay with water.
This one they had to sit on the water balloons and pop them. It was so funny to watch them!

Makayla getting in the water:)

The river ran through our campground. The kids were wading in the water. It was SOOOOO cold!!!!

The look on Evan's face says it all. " OHHHH it's cold!"
My cousin Alisa did face painting. The kids loved it.
My dad playing horse shoes.



My mom and Tyson.
Our cooks!:)
The kids LOVE Aunt Tammy!
Makayla painting our team banner.
We are wading in the water and the kids took our picture. Our legs were so numb afterwards. We were trying so hard to smile normal but it was so cold.




4 comments:

rachel said...

How fun!!! Paddle boats, horse shoes, relay races! What could be better? What a great reunion!!

kari said...

OK you have been gone for enough weekends in a row. I am glad to see you guys had so much fun. I always tell you this but your family just seems so Awesome. WE never do famly reunions. I am a huge water person so that just looks like an absolute blast to me. YOur kids seemed to like it. I remember when we went to Pineview after last years ward campout, that was a good time!

Jessika and Chris said...

You guys look like you are having a really fun summer with all of your reunions. The kids look like theyhad tons of fun! I am excited to see everyone tomorrow!

Leslie and Josh said...

I think that is so cute that you had rice races.